Fiction often bleeds into reality—making for great days to live in; terrible, but great.
As writers and readers, it is always intriguing to make connections between the two. Wordslingers like us often identify connections between reality and the stories we read.
What follows is a list of similarities between the oppressive regime in George Orwell’s Nineteen-Eighty-Four, and the socialist threat hanging over America today.
(Warning: truths be shared here; they may cause you to question your faith in mainstream piss news, and socialism media.)
Expressions in Orwell’s 1984, and their American Equivalents
- Thought Crimes: Any thought or espoused philosophy that is contrary to accepted Party orthodoxy. American Equivalent: Media deems it a sin to support the American President and embrace American history.
- Three Minutes Hate: A daily segment of life designed to encourage hatred of the Party’s enemy, real or imagined. American Equivalent: Big Media’s ‘News’ Segments, where they bash president Trump or the Constitution and encourage citizens to do the same.
- Newspeak: Simplified language designed to limit citizens’ ability to think and articulate subversive concepts. American Equivalent: Repetitious watchwords and catchphrases, such as Black Lives Matter, Social Distancing, We’re in This Together, Toxic Masculinity, Wealth Gap, Let’s All Do Our Part, Racism, etc.
- Big Brother: Omnipresent audio/visual telescreens used to monitor the words and actions of citizens. American Equivalent: Big Media. Do you really think social media is designed to benefit you in any way? Think about it—you offer data on your life, everything from your profile, dating status, likes and dislikes, everything you do and everyone you know, your purchases and views. Social media is Big Brother.
- Thought Police: Informers and police on the party’s payroll. American Equivalent: The billionaires and CEO’s running Google and other search engines. They censor and monitor every keystroke, defining ‘unapproved thoughts’ in cyberspace, and censoring views they deem unorthodox to their agenda. (Go ahead and Google ‘socialism’. By this point almost every unbiased historical article and data file on it has been wiped from the Internet, replaced with retconned, socialist-supporting articles designed to make you think it is a friendly beneficial governmental system. If you want the truth about socialism, find history books on the subject, preferably tomes published pre-2018, before they really started censoring everything.)
- Historical Negationism: Denial, falsification, or distortion of the historical record, i.e. rewriting of history. American Equivalent: Shut down schools and ‘reset, modify, or reform’ the curriculum. ‘Changing curriculum for changing times’ they say.
- Cult of Personality: When a regime uses mass media, propaganda, the big lie, ‘demonstrations’, and spectacle to create a worshipful image of the party. American Equivalent: the Democratic-Socialists using mass media, propaganda, the big lie, and the spectacle of Dem-Soc condoned riots to create the illusion that terrible things happen because of our President, and that the answer is to replace him and capitalism and democracy altogether, blah-blah-blah.
So there you have it, the Deathly Hallows.
Still don’t believe us?
Just to reinforce their propaganda and slam any disagreeing voices, the Dem-Soc’s are now filling the Web with articles about how conspiracy theorists ‘suffer from cognitive deficiencies’ and that ‘open-minded people are more likely to be happy and willing to accept changing circumstances’, all allegedly buttressed by scientific finding.
Would these be the same pseudoscientists who assigned superpowers to covid? (We’ll explore this fascinating phenomenon in the next post.)
An academic at the U of C, who specialized in identifying Fake News and Propaganda, wrote that ‘fear can lead people to tolerate things they would never do or tolerate if they were not afraid.’ He mentioned how ‘fear is not the best tool for forming sound decisions’ because ‘fear can cause people to readily believe information without taking the steps to make sure it is credible’.
But don’t worry. For those of us ‘cognitively deficient’ deplorables (we who do not suffer under a cloud of terror), comfort can be found in ancient writings just as relevant and powerful today as they were centuries ago.
1 Thessalonians 5:4-9 is uplifting, encouraging and invigorating. ‘But you brethren are not in darkness, that this day should overtake you as a thief. You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep as others do, but let us watch and be sober. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk, are drunk at night. But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation. For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ.’
Indeed, many millions of our fellow Americans have allowed themselves to become blinded to the truth and drunk with fear.
They can hardly be expected to function rationally, when a metastasized fear of covid governs their every decision. And in their fear, they believe every lie that is served up. In their irrationality, they believe good, wide-eyed Patriots endanger them. To speak these truths today is to invite smear campaigns, hatred, and defamation.
I implore you, my fellow watchers, to believe good days will come and to remember why we love this nation that God built up.
Let us close with the words of a Patriot named Lincoln: ‘—that this nation under God shall have a new birth of freedom—and that government of the people, by the people, and for the people shall not perish from the earth.’
Socialism is not a government by the people or for the people. It is a government of the party, for the party—and it is the people who suffer.
Wake up America. Psalm 5:6 ‘God shall destroy those who speak falsehood; the Lord abhors the bloodthirsty and deceitful man.‘