There is an old dictator expression: ‘You can do anything to a people who don’t know their history.’
Fortunately, it is not too late to learn from our history, and once armed with the truth, and the shield of faith, we can begin to protect our children again, and restore this land.
On January 10, 1963, Representative Albert S. Herlong Jr. read into the congressional record a list of known communist goals. He was warning us what would happen if we did not shore up our national spiritual defenses. Let it open eyes today that we may return to the old paths, where good way is, and be restored (Jeremiah 6:16).
The communist goals (as revealed by a commie defector):
- Discredit the family as an institution. Emphasize the need to raise children away from the ‘negative’ influence of parents
- Control schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism and current communist propaganda. Soften curriculum
- Get control of teachers unions. Put party line in textbooks . . . gain control of all student newspapers
- Belittle all forms of American culture and discourage the teaching of American history . . . Discredit the American Founding Fathers
These go hand in hand with their Deconstruction tactics:
- Separate students from their past by portraying negatively the country’s founders
- Get students into a neutral point of view where they are open-minded
- Then brainwash students by presenting positively a socialistic future
A majority of college students have now been brainwashed into favoring socialism. The commies have accomplished their goals by:
- They’ve spent decades discrediting the family unit, by introducing all manner of ‘other’ options. But there is a reason God designed the family unit as 1 mother and 1 father. You can see how today they are extremely Marxist in trying to discredit the ability of ‘traditional’ parents to raise their own children; attacks on home-schooling, and the almost insane obsession with teaching children and teens to disrespect parents and submit to school rule.
- Could their efforts to control schools be any more obvious? School used to be about discovering our history, learning from mistakes and developing national and civic pride for our historical examples of strength, devotion, and love of God. Softening curriculum? You see that in replacing learning with Drag Queen Story Hour, substituting history with CRT.
- Control of teachers unions is a clanging bell issue today. How many times have we heard recently of parents (thank God!) uniting against corrupt, godless teachers unions that are insisting on teaching our students the American-hating 1619 propaganda?
- CRT, the 1619 Project, tons of new anti-whiteness books and ‘privileged’ nonsense are all efforts to discredit our Founders, to teach our children to hate our history.
And now for scriptural encouragement, because nothing is too difficult for God. His arm is not shortened, that He cannot save. With men it may seem impossible, but with God all things are possible (Mark 19:26). If we repent and return to Him, He will be faithful and mighty to save. He will go before us to fight our enemies (The Old Testament, over and over again. Why do we find it so hard to learn? One example: Ezekiel 18:30-32, and Ezekiel 22).
1 Corinthians 13:4-6 ‘Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil, does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth.’
Proverbs 16:7 enemies at peace: When a man’s ways please the Lord, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.’
(Proverbs 14:34= National Righteousness. ‘Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people’).
Job 42:10 And we see, following a loving prayer, the good Lord restoring Job from his sad state, to double even the blessings he had enjoyed before his sufferings!
2 Chronicles 7:14 ‘If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.’
Lord, let it be! He is able. Lean not on your own understanding, but in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths (Proverbs 3:5-6). Amen.